Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Neko Ryo Cane Video: Introduction - Would You Feel Comfortable Carrying a Cane?

My way of using the crooked cane as a self-defense weapon, the Neko Ryu Cane, is based on the principles of Neko Ryu Goshin Jitsu as taught to me by Professor Ernie Cates, his son and current head of the style - Moose Cates, and by Professor Cates’ senior student Master Danny Glover.

Neko Ryu is primarily an empty hand style and the crooked cane isn’t formally part of the system. However, Professor Cates’ emphasizes that Neko Ryu isn’t about techniques – it’s about principles. And, I’ve applied his principles to the crooked cane as faithfully as I’m able. Hence the use of the name, Neko Ryu Cane.

If I’ve misapplied any principle it’s my error – certainly not the error of the Neko Ryu system.

The cane is legal. The cane is versatile. The cane is powerful. It’s also a lot of fun.

Please watch & enjoy the Neko Ryu Cane Video series beginning with the introduction:

Link to Other Topics in the Special Report: The Neko Ryu Cane




No comments:

Post a Comment